Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 Harrisburg Marathon and Relay





This morning I ran the relay with Hannah, Tracey, and Pam. It was a beautiful fall morning and I couldn't have asked for a better race. Tracey ran the first leg and then I ran the second. I ran 9 miles in 1:15:31, which is a pretty zippy pace for me. I started off over the walking bridge from City Island and then heading down to the lower river path on Front Street. Things were going pretty well until I went to the upper level path and then my stomach started to feel a little queasy. I had to cut back the pace a little and soldier on for a few miles until it subsided. I was feeling pretty good by the time I hit Industrial Road and picked up the pace substantially. As I rounded the corner by the Farm Show entrance towards Hacc I was plowing along at a pretty good pace...a little too much because by the time I hit the relay chute and tagged Pam my stomach was pretty upset with me again. I didn't really care by then, though and was just happy to have contributed. Pam and then Hannah finished up the race and everyone did a great job. The relay team finished with a time of 3:44. Looking forward to doing the full again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment