Sunday, August 7, 2011

Inconsistency

Well, it has certainly been a while since I posted on here and there are various reasons for this.  I have been injured for the about the past month due to my own stupidity.  I dropped a board on my right foot and bashed it up pretty good and instead of letting it heal, I just kept on running as usual.  I was limping a bit and this altered my gait enough that it my left ankle developed some pretty intense pain.  This pain kept me off the roads and trails for almost all of July.  I've just started back this past week and things seem to be going well.  What has not gone well is some unfortunate weight gain that occurred during my time off.  I really need to do a better job of taking care of myself on a consistent basis.  Plans are on hold right now as far as racing goes and I am just going to focus on losing the weight and getting a good base built up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment